Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ROTARACT SATURDAY MARATHON and the LAW OF SACRIFICE

1. RI D3800 PILIPINAS MDIO APPLICATION
Coffee Nook, El Pueblo, Ortigas
April 25, 2009 / 10:00AM – 1:00PM

It was a full Rotaract Saturday! I’ve been able to fix my schedule and supported the 3800 MDIO application. It was my first time in three MDIO years that I needed to explain in front of club presidents to get and convince them to sign!:).

Though, 3800 did not meet the 2/3 votes and got only 8 out of 20 clubs that day, I’m confident that they can comply before the end of this month. I’m sure dedicated DRC Oscar, IPDRR Adette and DRRN Wheng will again prove what “service” really is, even beyond and before their respective terms.
















Explained what is MDIO for Districts and clubs

















No objections! All presidents and representatives present signed the resolution for D3800 to join MDIO Pilipinas



2. ROTARACT CUBAO PRE-TERM PLANNING (FOR RY 2009-10)

Mang Inasal, Walter-Mart Munoz-EDSA
April 25, 2009 / 5:00PM – 8:00PM

Last Saturday was our third meeting intended for pre-term planning. Coached our President-Elect Joel Delos Santos in his preparation for initial concepts and calendar presentation to Rotary Club President-Elect this Wednesday. I’m happy that I’m not “alone” anymore, we had DS / RAC Cubao PP Rico and Pres. Payno on board to assist also our incoming President.

(Picture with Halo-halo)

Really, in leadership, Sacrifice is an ongoing process, not a one-time payment! I may still sacrificing my personal time and resources for Rotaract now, but I can sense that one day, I can look back and relax seeing more dedicated and seasoned Rotaractors to replace me with my responsibilities. Rotaractors who will take charge of respective club, district and Philippine Rotaract concerns.

I‘m sacrificing but I’m also gaining. No money can equate how much I learned between the dialogues, reading people’s mind and behavior, circumstances and seeing yourself from the situation.

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 comments:

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are provided ‘as is’ with no warranties and grant no rights.

The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer, home Rotaract Club, sponsoring Rotary Club, Rotary District and MDIO.