Friday, November 6, 2009

Asia Source 3 Camp Journal – Day1

















It's funny introducing myself. This is my first time to represent two hats! I’m officially representing Rotaract and STI Munoz. As stated in my proposal, Rotaract Cubao will surely use this training for the upcoming technical and community related activities. However, my company will directly benefit since the training is really technical in nature thus, they recognized this event as official business. Its really fun doing two things at the same time - passion for Rotaract while officially working too!

The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction as venue set a provincial and secluded mode. It is nice to hear the sounds of crickets! No aircondition needed due to natural cold weather.

Everyone was wowed by the Philippine style of welcome night. The foreigners were so amazed by the Philippine dances. Among the many dances were Banga, Tinikling, Sayaw sa Bangko, Malong, Singkil, and others. The last dance was the Philippine national dance – Tinikling. The dancers selected few and mostly foreigners to try our national dance. Its funny seeing how German, Korean and Indian danced Tinikling. By the way, the dancers picked me also and I enjoyed Tinikling. They thought I am a foreigner! Haha :)! Looks can really be deceiving!

My first hand lesson was about available grants from Japan and Italy. Through simple chit-chats also, I now have given a strategy on how to attend the next Asia Source Camp in Vietnam in 2011.

The first night and day were light and very welcoming. Everyone wore a smile and hello. I’m looking forward for the “official” first technical day today.

What a coincidence that my roommate is a former Rotaractor from Cagayan De Oro!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Devie!

I am glad to visit your blog :) Nakapag-post ka pa pala nung camp! Ako di na kasi ang hirap mag-connect.

I'd love to read more about how open source works for your organization. Exciting yan for Rotaract, I think. :)

Good luck on your adventures in open source! :D

Devie aka Ladybug said...

Hello Clair! Thanks for visiting my blog!:)

Wish I could attend your sessions and learn more about blogging. I awed your blogs, ranging from personal to too technical and simply teasing around on something :)..

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are provided ‘as is’ with no warranties and grant no rights.

The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer, home Rotaract Club, sponsoring Rotary Club, Rotary District and MDIO.