Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Advantage of Rotaract’s Internationality in Improv English Class

As part of empowering employees effort, our company implemented an Improv English Class. This special subject covers all employees, from top and middle management down to house keeping staff and intended to last for four (4) semesters.

During one of our quizzes, our teacher played sounds of which ten (10) nationalities speak the same paragraph at their own different accent. The challenge is to guess what nationality is the speaker.

Some got zero, while average is one to three out of ten items. I got six out ten – the highest.

My colleague stated that it’s no wonder I got high score since I met many foreigners in Rotaract! This colleague of mine knows I’m actively involved with Rotaract. True enough because as the teacher played one nationality over another, the accents reminded me of my friends from India, Hongkong, Bangladesh and others during regional Rotaract conferences and when they visited or promoted here in the Philippines.

Indeed, Rotaract has limitless and sometimes unexpected academic and communication advantage!

0 comments:

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are provided ‘as is’ with no warranties and grant no rights.

The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer, home Rotaract Club, sponsoring Rotary Club, Rotary District and MDIO.