Saturday, June 13, 2009

Create Irregular Rotaract Expenses Account

As I mentioned, I have been studying personal financial management. The Rotaract abruptly fits in the picture.

The book is SIMPLIFY And Live the Good Life by Bo Sanchez. As I quote, “There are expenses that don’t come each month. ….Washing machine repairs attack you in the dead of night”. The truth is, I really don’t “project” how much I should save for Rotaract each month. The logic is, I really don’t how much will I personally allot for Rotaract at regular interval. Its just like strike anytime strategy.

However, as Bo said, “Part of your budgeting is figuring out what these irregular expenses are in your life and knowing how much they cost in total each year. Divide this by twelve, and that’s what you should set aside in another account called ‘Irregular Expenses’. Note: this isn’t your savings account!”

The concept opened a good solution in balancing our personal obligations while fulfilling our Rotaract passion.

When I tried this out, I should allot at least P500.00 to P1, 958.00 per month for upcoming Rotary Year! This is aside from my other “saving envelopes”. Gosh! Still, this is a good realization and start than not recognizing and solving at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post. In Brazil, as a big country (5th largest in the world), we have many expenses for regional and national rotaract conferences, specially air tickets.

I'll show your blog to other Rotaractors, so they will start thinking on saving prior to expending.

Fabio Fagundes
Rotaract District Chairman 08-09
PP 05-06 Rotaract Club Rio de Janeiro Tijuca - 4570
Member of Rotary Club Rio de Janeiro Maracanã - 4570

Devie aka Ladybug said...

I encountered many Rotaract challenges and conflicts in the past and still tracing how can I possibly work things out better. Its nice hearing your message Sir and will post more Rotaract - related how tos. I’m trying to regularly post one blog per week.

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are provided ‘as is’ with no warranties and grant no rights.

The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer, home Rotaract Club, sponsoring Rotary Club, Rotary District and MDIO.